Metal roofing is often used on new homes and commercial buildings because it is more environmentally friendly in comparison to other roofing materials.
The many advantages of using metal roofing include:
- They are fire resistant
- They do not pollute the air
- They are extremely durable
- They come in several styles and colors
- They can be custom fit for unique homes
- They are highly wind resistant
- They can be recycled
- Having them installed is a fairly quick process
In addition, Colorado metal roofing is often cheaper than other roofing options like slate and tile, and in the event that the roof needs to be removed, it is fairly easy to do so.
While there are many arguments for using metal roofing, there are also a few disadvantages you should be aware of being committing yourself 100%. Those disadvantages include:
- Metal roofs must be handled with extreme caution when being transported and installed because the surface of the roof can be easily scratched.
- Extreme hail storms can cause the metal roof to become dented.
- Hail on a metal roof can also cause unpleasant noises during a severe storm.
- Some metal roofs can be very slick, putting the person who is installing the roof in danger of falling and becoming severely injured or even killed. This is why hiring a roofing professional with years of experience and someone who is fully insured is vital!
Metal roofing for you Denver, Colorado home or business is truly a great option. Contact Michael Schojer today for a FREE metal roofing estimate. No cost of obligation required!